Thursday, June 16, 2011

Throwback Thursday: All American Superhero

Hi everyone! Nikki here with some "oldie but goodie" inspiration for you, using Mary's fabulous photo-full templates and a classic kit--with a twist! I noticed that All American Superhero is the perfect color scheme for Disney pics, so instead of using it to scrap ___________ (Super, Bat, Spider, etc.) Man, I decided to scrap another cartoon favorite:


I used a template from the 12 Months of Fun template pack, which are fabulous for your Month in Review pages, but also ideal for any photo-heavy layout... like our many Mickey pics:


Try switching out a photo or two for a journaling block, and be sure to play with embellishments! The template I used showed about a dozen little embellies; I mixed it up using flair, sets of stitches, and even strips of ribbon in the various locations. I also embellished the background with a few swirls of string, swooshes of paint, and scatters of stars to echo the colors and themes in my pictures.

And when you're kit shopping (whether in your stash or at the store!) remember to look for kits that can serve all kinds of photos! Even though I only used one sheet of the kit's paper, the embellishments and alpha from All American Superhero gave my non-superhero layout all the theme-ing it needed... from the rope of a sorcerer's robe, to the stars of his hat, to an autograph-ish scribble, to a (not very) "hidden Mickey."


One last thought: On very photo-heavy pages like this, it can be tricky to find spots for journaling. Because my photos were taken over the course of a year and a half, I wanted to include a date for each one without adding 11 separate date tags. I simply used the type tool to add the date directly on each photo... in white on dark photos, and in black on light photos. Ah, the joys of digi! *grin*

Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...