Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hybrid Marble Magnets

Hooray for crafting! ScrapMatters' hybrid bootcamp has been just the thing I've needed to get my motivation going. I've been wanting to make these little marble magnets for a while now. Today was the day. I think they are so cute, and they were so super easy to make - let me show you!

Marble Magnets

Materials:

Print out of your images (mine are 15/16")
Mod Podge
Foam Brush
E-6000 or Silicone Sealer
Toothpicks
Glass Beads (large)
Magnets (3/4")

1. Seal photos with Mod Podge. When I didn't seal with Mod Podge, the E-6000 smeared the ink, good thing I printed extras! I'm not sure about the Silicone Sealer...


2. Put a dollop of E-6000 on the photo. I used the toothpick to get the glue onto the photo.


3. Lower a glass marble onto the photo smooshing out the glue to all edges.


4. Allow to dry upside down.


5. Put another dollop of glue on the back of the photo and lower a magnet onto the dollop.


6. Allow to dry far away from each other...if they are too close, the magnets will pull each other together and not be in the center anymore. Trust me. I know.


7. Enjoy your finished product! Aren't they cute? Digital Supplies: Sweet Thing newsletter kit by Jeni Hopewell and Chelle's Creations available for free in the ScrapMatters newsletter.


I hope all the grandparents love these for Valentine's Day! I'd love to see if you make them too, or if you have any comments or suggestions on the tutorial, I'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Thanks for this tutorial! I have been wanting to do these, too (even bought the stuff for them) but haven't yet. Maybe I'll get going on 'em, too! Yours are SO cute!!

randevt said...

Very cute!! You've inspired me to try this too! Thanks for the clear tutorial.

Barbara (NutsAboutGabe) said...

Those are so stinking cute! Thanks for the tutorial.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...