Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Inspiration Wednesday: Gender Anyone?

Megg here with this weeks...
Let me give you a little background about me. I have a 4 year old little girl, and a two year old little boy. I love my little ones dearly, but I can't tell you how many times I wished that the same page would work for both kids. To be honest, that's one of the reason I love digi scrapping. I can do family pages for holidays or vacations, and no one has to fight over the book because everyone can just as easily have their own copy.

Back to my dilemma. It's not so easy to do this when you've got a boy and a girl. If they were the same gender it wouldn't be a big deal, but I can't seem to swallow having the wire flowers on my little mans page. So for this weeks inspiration, I thought I would make a layout and try and make it gender neutral enough for both of them, with a few changes in some of the details, of course.

For these pages I used the new kit Serendipity. It was so versatile for either boy or girl, and I love the awesome spring colors that Mary used. SO CUTE! You can click on the preview below to find it in Mary's store.

So I started off with this layout that I did with using the Road Map to Scrap Challenge at SM last week. I loved the way the pattern papers turned out with my photos. Those cousins are so dang sweet! This was for my little girl...
And then for Mr. Man, I took away a couple of the more girlie elements, and changed up the pictures and re-wrote the journaling.

Then Voila! Two pages done. So give it a try. I think the key is just starting a page thinking that you might want to use it for two different genders and then swapping the details isn't such a big deal! Have a great week scrapping and go be inspired!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...