Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tip: Organizing Your To-Be-Scrapped Photos


For today's tip I am going to show you how I organize my ever growing folder of to-be-scrapped photos. When I first started digi-scrapping I loved to do the Power Scrapbooking challenge over at Digital Scrapbook Place. You had to create 10 LOs in one week for the challenge. They don't have the challenge anymore (not that I can see anyway), but it really helped me set up my system for organizing those pages to be scrapped.

All of my photos are organized by date on my computer's hard drive. I keep all of my scrapping supplies on an external hard drive. So when I upload photos from my camera, I instantly create a folder or multiple folders in my Photos folder of my external hard drive as well. Each one holds the photos for a page that I'd like to create.

If I have a clever title already in mind, I'll title the folder with that creative title. When I get ready to do a LO, I check this folder for all pages that I need to create. At times, I include a notepad document with some journaling or kit and template ideas or other thoughts on creating the page.

When I create the page, I simply delete the folder...without any worry that I'm deleting the originals...those are stored safely three other places, lol!!

Right now there are 235 folders to be scrapped...yikes! I keep reminding myself that this is the time to make memories...I'll scrap them later when the kids are in school!

If you are interested in Power Scrapbooking, check out this awesome article on The Daily Digi.

How do you organize your to-be-scrapped photos?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea...seems less overwhelming to be able to pick a folder and knock a page out, rather than having to sort through all my pictures. Definitely going to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...